There’s no exact formula for success. However, when studying some of the most successful business owners of all time – there are many similarities they all share when it comes to their habits.
Habits are important.
They can literally make or break you…and your business.
Learn from the best in business and start implementing these 20 habits for your own success.
1. Get Up Early – The early bird really does get the worm. So if you’re not a “morning person” it’s time to become one. Getting up early gives you more control over your day, allows you the time you need to wake up, and gives you more time in your day. No more late night Netflix and Chill for you! Get to bed early and rise and shine with the rest of the successful business owners. Need some morning motivation? Read Miracle Morning from Hal Elrod, you’ll be thankful you did.
2. Meditate – Sounds a little woo woo at first but some of the most successful people in the world (think Oprah & Tony Robbins) advise you to meditate. There’s never anything wrong with clearing your mind, getting grounded, and navigating through your day with focused intention. Not sure where to start? Here’s our founder, Kat Sullivan’s favorite meditation.
3. Set Goals and Write Them Down – In order to get where you’re going, you have to KNOW where you’re going. Believe it or not, this step is commonly overlooked by people. Hence – what sets successful people apart. Take time to set goals and WRITE THEM DOWN. When you write them down – they move from being a “thought” to something that’s “real and tangible.” Don’t miss this step. Creating goals is critical in setting an action plan for your business, allows you to track and measure your results, and allows you to grow from there. This tool will help with your goal setting.
4. Inspire Yourself – In order to be successful, you need to fill yourself up with inspiration. Whether it’s reading, writing, taking a stroll on the beach or watching motivational videos. In order to inspire others – you have to be inspired. Inspired action is the best action for your business. Here’s some inspiration from 17 Millionaires & Billionaires to inspire you.
5. ABC – Always Be Learning! There is always someone to learn from or something new to learn. Always. Don’t stop educating yourself and looking for learning lessons in every situation.
6. Read – Books, Magazine, Articles, Whatever you can get your hands on. There is so much information out there to help you be a better, smarter, wiser, and more successful business owner.
7. Know Your Numbers – Multi-Millionaire Marcus Lemons says: “If you don’t know your numbers, you don’t have a business.” You have to know your numbers from all areas. Income, Expenses, and PROFIT. Track your numbers with a free program like Wave Apps, or even a simple spreadsheet. The most important part is now how pretty the data looks, but that you’re collecting it.
8. Journal – This is a habit you should get into for many reasons. It not only helps you get your thoughts out but it can be a tremendous source of stress relief. You can also look back on your past journals to see how far you’ve come and feel accomplishment for many triumph you’ve achieved.
9. Practice Gratitude – Get into the habit of being grateful. Every day. Think about what you’re grateful for. When you practice the art of gratitude, you open up yourself to be grateful for more.
10. Delegate – You can’t do it all yourself, so don’t even try. You have to delegate tasks that take you away from your zone of genius so you can focus on what’s truly important in your business. If you don’t, you’ll fail. It’s impossible to build a wildly successful business by yourself. Use tools to help you make running your business easier!
11. Be a Good Listener – Whether it’s your customers or your staff, listen to them. Hear their concerns, listen to their ideas, and value their input. This can be one your greatest sources of learning and growing.
12. Have a Hobby – It can’t be work all the time! Find something that helps you take the focus off business and you can enjoy. Whether it’s golf, exercise, dancing, or knitting – find something you like to do and take the time to do it.
13. Take Time For Yourself – Sometimes in order to give 100%, you have to unplug. Burn out is real and it happens when you don’t take time for yourself so don’t let it happen to you. Schedule time for yourself.
14. Follow a Schedule – If it’s not on the calendar, it doesn’t exist. Almost every successful business owner will tell you they abide by a daily, weekly, monthly, yearly schedule that keeps them focused on their goals and objectives. Get into the habit of putting everything on your schedule so you don’t get overwhelmed or confused with what’s happening each day.
15. Be Organized – Although you might have heard the sign of messy desk is a sign of genius…that might be true. But if you want success, you have to clean it up. Create a place for everything to go, have systems in place for new paperwork to go, take time to do it right the first time. This will make moving through your day a whole lot easier.
16. Develop a Routine – This is an essential habit you should have if you want to be successful. Create a schedule of what you need to do every day and follow it. Know what time you get up, what time you check email, what time you link up with your staff, what time you develop new products, review marketing and numbers, what time you have conference calls and on and on. If you create a routine to follow, along with your other habits of being organized, following a schedule, you’ll be able to fit everything into a day like never before.
17. Inbox Zero – Manage your inbox, don’t let it manage you.
18. Ask For Help – Reach out to those you trust when you need help. This could be friends, business mentors, family, or even your team. People can’t help you if they don’t know you need it, so don’t be too proud to ask for help.
19. Have a Mentor or Coach – This is a habit you can’t skip. You need to have a coach or mentor helping you break through your comfort zone so you can show up at the next level. You won’t find a single successful business owner that didn’t have a mentor or a coach to help them get where they are. Don’t skip out here, you can’t afford not to have a coach.
20. Be Positive – Last but not least, be positive! Avoid negative Nancy’s and bad energy. Keep your outlook positive and speak in a positive manner. This will have a ripple effect and your team will be positive, your customers will be positive, and you will attract more positivity in your business.
There you have 20 habits for highly successful business owners. SAVE THESE and practice these habits to help you become one of the most successful business owners of all time.
Before you go! Click here to Download 207 Marketing Ideas to Generate More Leads For Your Business